YOGA BALL 1
Join Janis Saffell and learn how to create an integrated whole body, fun and innovative Yoga Ball class using a Stability Ball & Pilates Ball. Stability ball training is effective in building balance, stability, and pillar strength. It can also be used to enhance a movement you are already familiar with by adding some instability. Don’t worry if the moves seem awkward at first, you’ll find that you will pick up the exercises quickly and experience an immediate benefit.
Stability & pilates balls are versatile pieces of equipment that have a wide range of benefits. Here are some of the positive results you'll see:
- Build pillar strength. Stability ball exercises are ideal for building pillar strength since they increase the demand of your shoulder, hip, and core stability.
- Improve balance and coordination. The unstable surface of the stability ball forces your muscles to heighten their readiness. Your body will call more muscles into action to help stabilize your body and control that unstable surface.
- Activate key muscles. Stability ball exercises can also help activate and elongate key muscles, much like you do in your Movement Prep routine.
- Better sports performance. Stability ball movements create better body awareness. This can lead to a lower your risk of injury because you'll be less likely to turn an ankle or twist a knee when you're knocked off balance.
Equipment: Stability Ball, Pilates Ball, & Yoga Mat
You will learn: 59 min Workshop/Master Class
- To create and instruct safe Yoga Ball group fitness and small group training classes
- To create an effective warm-up
- To be accessible to all fitness levels with modifications
- To mix and match exercises and layer them from option 1 (base move) to options 2-4 (layered and more complex moves)
*LIVE Instructor Workshop at the AAA/I Fitness Convention in Colorado Springs 2018.
Janis Saffell has inspired & helped millions of people across the globe reach their fitness and wellness goals. With over 70+ fitness videos under her belt, both men and women are changing their bodies and their habits. And THAT is what continues to inspire her to create programs like the 4-Week Fat Blaster Program for others like YOU! With years working on ESPN2 "Crunch Fitness", HSN, & QVC, so many amazing changes took place for so many individuals, and now she proudly brings it all directly to YOU!